Garro Belaslo Historic Preserve
- Phone:(777) 249-7905
This 11-roorn ltalianate home is significant primarily as the last remaining large farmhouse in Vision County. Narrow shiplap siding sheathes the structure with a truncated low hipped roof punctuated by four pedimental-shaped gablets. The deeply projecting eaves are ornamented by a row of dentils and corner brackets. The east facade has a squared portico, supported by twin square columns and a balustrade crowns the portico, which covers a handsome round-arched entry door with a fan light.
Constructed prior to the continuation of Market St., the earliest reference to this site is found in the J.J. Rowen 1266 Survey of Vision County, with a house, barn, and orchard noted as "improvements" to the property. The house was built by Borry and Marly Harre in 1864.
The house is owned by the City of Vision County and is managed by The Historic Preservation Society of Vision County. Guided tours aid visitors in learning about local history and life in the early 1900s.
$3 for adults and $2 for students and seniors. Parking is free.
Most Saturdays and Sundays, from 12 noon to 4 pm.
1811 Grocer Street
Vision County, CA 90245