Indian Trail Improvement District 

Serving the public since 1957.

Post Storm - Recovery

Once a storm has passed the work of recovery begins.  The first thing any of us do is assess our situation:
  • is the family ok
  • is the house ok
  • what services are working
  • how are things at our workplace
Once we know where we stand we can start planning.  If there is damage to your home you may need to use some of the contact information to Florida State,Palm Beach County and FEMA given on the main Storm Preparation page of this website.

Part of your storm recovery activities will, most likely, include processing the debris on your property.  Before you begin there are several things you need to be aware of:
  • Segregate your debris.  This means separate your trash much like you do now with household garbage in one pile, vegetative debris in the next, appliances in another, construction in another, etc.
  • Leave debris at the roads edge a minimum of 10ft from any trees, poles, fire hydrants or other structures.  Debris removal services cannot pick up anything that is on your property or near a structure.
  • If you hire someone to clear the debris from your property they must remove it from your site and take it to Solid Waste for disposal.  They cannot just leave it on the edge of the road.
  • All debris loaded up for transport by residents or their contractor must be taken to Solid Waste and cannot be taken to ITID’s debris processing site.
If you are wondering why the above guidelines matter, it is simple: the better we comply with FEMA regulations the better chance we have of getting FEMA reimbursement funds for storm related work.

To learn more about this open and review the document linked below.
ADDRESS: 13476 61st Street North, West Palm Beach, FL 33412 ~ PHONE: (561) 793-0874 ~ E-MAIL: info@indiantrail.com ~ Under Florida law, e-mail addresses are public records. If you do not want your e-mail address released in response to a public records request, do not send electronic mail to this entity. Instead, contact this office by phone or in writing.