Time to put your plan into action:
- Get all your loose outdoor items moved inside. This is everything from branches and roof tiles to tools and furniture.
- Install your glass/window protection system (shutters, plywood etc) and prepare the supplies you will need to brace your doors.
- If you have multiple plans depending on the severity of the storm decide which one to follow and make sure your whole family knows what to do.
- Gather all your personal, emergency and home related paperwork and be sure it is stored in a waterproof, easy to carry container. If you have to leave you want to be sure you have your birth certificates, insurance paperwork, deeds etc. on your person so you can address any issues from wherever you go.
- From this point you will either pack and leave your home for a shelter, friends home, etc. or bring in the rest of the items on your supply list and get ready to ride out the storm. Either way, be sure to fuel up your vehicles and get your laundry done, it may be some time before you can do so again.